The idea of Key Stage 1 spoken languages enables the development of English by promoting the ability to read and write well. Speaking English as a discipline itself entails the fact that the language a person speaks is significant in the construction of their grammar and vocabulary along with their ability to read and write well.
The Objective of the Study
The main objective associated with teaching English as a spoken language would be to make it easier for the pupils to engage in discussions and debate with the knowledge that they have acquired by studying key stage 1 English and other spoken languages as a vital means of communication.
Students Should be Instructed About
Some of the concepts instructed through speaking and listening activities in year 1 are:
- Focus on relevant questions and strategies for the growth of knowledge and understanding. Also, expanding one’s vocabulary at the very onset of speaking and listening activities year 1.
- Emphasis upon the ability to express oneself in different circumstances involving narratives, descriptions and explanations.
- Encouraging the capability to participate in group discussions, elucidation of topics and exploration of new ideas through the mechanism of contemplating, hypothesizing, conceptualizing, and conceiving ideas in speaking and listening activities year 1 itself.
- Improving the ability to take part in deliberations, performances, presentations, debates as well as theatrical roles.
- Growing compatibility of being a good listener.
KS 1 includes two years of schooling within the context of maintained schools in England and Wales. This pertains to year 1 and 2 and involves students in the age group of 5-7. However, Key Stage 1 may correspond to the infant school in certain cases. Other than this KS 1 may as well form a part of the first or the primary school.
Pursuing Spoken Languages as a subject under the KS1 Curriculum is thus vital for developing the ability to indulge in effective communication among children through speaking and listening activities that are promoted through year 1 and consequently be in a position to be clear about one’s thoughts and ideas later.
For more information Click Here