Music is undeniably a universal language bringing about cultural assimilation, transcending time and space. In this respect, the structuring of the ks2 music curriculum is to accord finest music lessons to students and help them nurture their forte through nurturance of their love for music and their competence in playing different musical instruments.
Key Stage 2 Curriculum History
The KS2 is an integral part of the National Curriculum of England, which got introduced with the Education Reform Act. When the national curriculum first got introduced, legally, it was valid for both England and Wales. Later, England alone followed the British National Curriculum. The exhaustive program of study of the Key Stage 2 forms a part of the primary curriculum under the national curriculum, and it deals with subjects which were specified as per the norms laid in 1988.
The Objective of Study
The primary music curriculum unequivocally asserts the responsibility of sustaining the talent of young individuals as musicians in the pursuit of increasing their creativity, self-confidence and a sense of achievement. As students travel through the phases of the KS2 music curriculum, they should establish a critical engagement with the field, play musical instruments, compose and to able to perceive the highest quality in the musical canon.
Instructions for Students
Music got incorporated as a crucial foundational subject within the primary curriculum and the ks2 music curriculum. It is unchanged through the different years of Key Stage 2.
Educate Students To:
- Perform and play in solo and collectivize contexts, utilizing their voices and exhibiting accuracy, eloquence, expression and control in the playing of musical instruments.
- Improvise, devise and compose music for an array of purposes using the inter-connected aspects of music.
- Listen with concentration to every intricacy and recollect sounds.
- Utilize and comprehend staff and other musical notations.
- Value and make sense of an array of high-quality recorded and live music flowing from diverse traditions and renowned musicians and composers.
- Evolve a sense of understanding of the historical trajectory of music and be truly appreciative of the holistic nature of the ks2 music curriculum.
The Key Stage 2 follows Key Stage 1 and encapsulates four years of schooling for the maintained schools in Wales and England. This pertains to years 3-6 and involves students in the age group of 7-11. The Key Stage 2 corresponds to junior schools, however, in certain cases, the entire stage is a part of the middle or primary school.
The primary music curriculum is a practical blueprint of a prudent program of study which aims at providing a kind of curriculum, at the end of which, students can know, employ and comprehend the matter, skills and procedures enunciated in the ks2 music curriculum.
For more information Click Here