Physical fitness is a crucial corollary to intellectual fitness. A rigorous program of physical education activities and physical education lessons form the core component of ks2 physical education curriculum. It persuades pupils to compete and succeed in physically-demanding activities and competitive sports by participating in outdoor games for ks2.
Key Stage 2 Curriculum History
The KS2 is an integral part of the National Curriculum of England, which got introduced with the Education Reform Act. When the national curriculum first got introduced, legally, it was valid for both England and Wales. Later, England alone followed the British National Curriculum. The exhaustive program of study of Key Stage 2 forms a part of the primary curriculum under the national curriculum, and it deals with subjects which were specified as per the norms laid in 1988.
The Objective of Study
The ks2 physical education curriculum aims at imparting physical education lesson, which can help in the development of competence for excellence in a wide range of physical education activities. The structuring of the outdoor pe games for ks2 is done in a way to ensure that students remain physically active for a sustained period and lead active and healthy lives.
Instructions for Students
The KS2 physical education is a significant foundational subject wherein the schools get instructed to attach due importance to the same.
Sport and Games
- Utilizing throwing, running, catching and jumping in combination and isolation.
- Participate in competitive games, altered where deemed necessary, and make use of fundamental propositions considered appropriate for defending and attacking.
- Cultivate tactics, adaptability, balance, strength and control.
- Display dance performances utilizing an array of movement patterns.
- Participate in challenging adventurous and outdoor physical education activities within a team as well as individually.
- Contrast their performances with earlier ones and exhibit growth to accomplish to the best of their capabilities.
Swimming and Water Safety
Schools get mandated to provide swimming instruction in either of the two stages (Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2). This is one of the crucial components of outdoor pe games for ks2. Specifically, educate students to:
- Swim expertly, confidently and efficiently covering a distance of at least 25 meters.
- Utilize an array of strokes efficiently.
- Indulge in secured self-rescue in diverse water-based situations.
The Key Stage 2 follows Key Stage 1 and encapsulates four years of schooling for the maintained schools in Wales and England. This pertains to years 3-6 and involves students in the age group of 7-11. The Key Stage 2 corresponds to junior schools, however, in certain cases, the entire stage is a part of the middle or primary school.
Structuring the KS2 physical education curriculum with the objective of providing pupils with the opportunity to become physically confident in a manner which will have a positive impact upon their fitness and health. Avenues to compete in outdoor pe games for ks2 helps to inculcate values such as respect and fairness.
For more information Click Here